Over the weekend of Presidents' Day, we saw an ad online for something called Sesame Street Presents: The Body. It's a temporary kids' exhibit at the mall down by Hollywood and Vine. Now, some of you may know that Connor has been obsessed for months and months with anything "body" related. He loves anatomy stuff for some reason (he even enjoyed the Bodyworlds exhibit we took him to in Salt Lake.) So, of course we had to take the kids to this thing in Hollywood. It didn't look like much, at first, but we were able to spend several hours there. Here's Connor goofing off near the fountain outside.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Sesame Street Presents . . The Body!
Hi again! It seems I forgot I had a blog for a while, there. Sorry about that.
Over the weekend of Presidents' Day, we saw an ad online for something called Sesame Street Presents: The Body. It's a temporary kids' exhibit at the mall down by Hollywood and Vine. Now, some of you may know that Connor has been obsessed for months and months with anything "body" related. He loves anatomy stuff for some reason (he even enjoyed the Bodyworlds exhibit we took him to in Salt Lake.) So, of course we had to take the kids to this thing in Hollywood. It didn't look like much, at first, but we were able to spend several hours there. Here's Connor goofing off near the fountain outside.
Inside, Elise was confused that Oscar's delicious looking trash wouldn't come off.




When we put Elise in the playground area, she climbed onto this slide and just sat, looking depressed, for about ten minutes. We offered to get her down, but she wanted to stay there and just watch the other kids.
My favorite part of this exhibit was definitely the "Organ Organ". It had pictures of various internal organs on the keys, and when you pushed one, a very operatic muppet voice would sing, "Paaancreeeeeeaas . . . ", then you'd be treated to an upbeat little song (also wonderfully muppety) about what the pancreas do for you.
They had a little store where kids could pretend to shop and buy healthy foods, and after that we were treated to a photo op with Elmo. Connor was jazzed. Elise was . . . a good sport, I guess.

On the way out, we got Connor this t-shirt with muppet organs all over the front of it. Each organ has it's own little pair of googly eyes.
Then we went to find something for lunch, and in the process wandered around Hollywood and Vine a little bit. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, this is ground zero for Hollywood tourism. During holidays or weekends, you always see a bunch of weirdos dressed up as movie characters standing around on the sidewalks, charging tourists for a photo op. We usually try not to encourage these people, but this time Connor and Ryan saw something they couldn't resist. 

This balloon sculpture cost us a buck, and the only reason we bought it was because the vendor "accidentally" dropped a bunch of them next to Connor in passing. Connor grabbed one off the ground, of course, and we were informed of the "suggested donation". Pretty smooth, I have to admit.
So, that was our trip to Hollywood. Here are a few random pictures that didn't fit anywhere else - Connor and Elise in the rain, Connor being bad (climbing up to the top of his closet to get out the forbidden ball toys), and Connor and Dad bonding over a Zelda DS game.

Over the weekend of Presidents' Day, we saw an ad online for something called Sesame Street Presents: The Body. It's a temporary kids' exhibit at the mall down by Hollywood and Vine. Now, some of you may know that Connor has been obsessed for months and months with anything "body" related. He loves anatomy stuff for some reason (he even enjoyed the Bodyworlds exhibit we took him to in Salt Lake.) So, of course we had to take the kids to this thing in Hollywood. It didn't look like much, at first, but we were able to spend several hours there. Here's Connor goofing off near the fountain outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hooray! It has been ages. I thought it was going to be about Connor's birthday. And I thought he had got lots of Sesame Street presents... I'm super smart.
Excellent Observation, Kelli. I changed the title to avoid disappointing people who think I'm that up-to-date on my posts. I'll probably do his birthday in a month or two . . .
How fun!! i like that they have a poo tank.
I would LOVE to take my kids to that. I miss Sesame Street. That's a major downfall of not having TV, I must admit. However, I really miss the older days, when they didn't insist so much on being healthy, and being PC. I thought the idea of the piano was so fabulous! I probably would have played on it, and sang along, as well.
O.M.Goodness. Bumblebee? I so would have had to stop...if just to be a little star-struck. I would have played it off as doing so for Cole, though. So many fun things!
Those lips you're feeding Elise into...
They creep me out big time.
Post a Comment