Thursday, July 9, 2009

Joy School Graduation

The weekend after we returned from Utah, Connor's Joy School class had a little graduation ceremony at one of the moms' houses. I conducted, and the kids stood up and did their little songs (including a "pep song" that involved the pompoms.) Then they got to come up as their names were called and collect their "diplomas". It was adorable. We've really had fun this past year doing Joy School. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the work, but seeing the kids grow and play together (and learning how to do the activities with them) has been way better than if I was just sending Connor to preschool somewhere else all the time. Plus, these families are some of the most amazing people I've ever met - the kind of influences I totally want around my kid. We're planning on doing Year 2 next September, and Claire (one of the moms) already has plans for Elise and her daughter the year after that. Yay Joy School!

The rest of these pictures are just random ones I've taken of my stinkin' cute kids. They're getting old enough that they're really starting to play together, which is strangely wonderful for a mom to see. Also, Elise is now in the "I do it!" phase of 2-year-old life, so she wants to dress herself, despite having absolutely no clue how to do it. She also frequently insists on washing her own hands, cleaning her own high chair tray, and buckling her own carseat belts (none of which she can really do, so it's always an interesting negotiation.)

3 comments:

Kyle said...

That picture of Connor on the chair is jaunty.

Your kids are pretty adorable.

Amy said...

Ok so I am totally blog stalking you, but I have met you so it doesn't count right? This is Amy, Kyles sister inlaw.

Anyway, I totally did JOY SCHOOL when I was little, and LOVED it! I still remember the songs I learned from it. I remember the activities, and I always loved it when it was my moms turn. I am so happy they still have it around. I will definitely look into that when our kid gets bigger.

Tell me do they still sing the song "OH BOY I got joy...It starts in my heart and spreads to my head in a minute or two, and did you know that it grows to my toes and keeps my knees so they don't freeze, cause I've got Joy!" Please tell me your kids have learned that song??

Erinn and Ryan said...

Of COURSE! What would Joy School be without "Oh Boy, I've Got Joy"? I love that song, too. Even Elise has picked it up.

Anyway, I blog-stalk you, too. I'm just usually too shy to comment!