Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baby Evan!

Our little guy came a couple of days early! Although I wasn't quite due until the 13th, Evan James was born on Wednesday, February 10th, at 11:38 am. (Kyle pointed out that his birthday is 2/10/2010 - pretty cool.) He weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces, a full pound lighter than either of his siblings had been - he seemed so little!









The timing was awesome - I'd been stressing about whether I'd go into labor in the middle of the night, and who to call to tend Connor and Elise. Lots of people had cheerfully volunteered, but I hated the idea of bugging people that way. Although I started having contractions around 1am Wednesday morning, they didn't really progress until about 7:00, with plenty of time to get the kids up, feed them breakfast, and take them to a friend's house to play (which had been scheduled for that morning, anyway!). We got to the hospital by 9:30, and two hours later he raced into the world - the doctor was in the room for literally ten minutes. I have more pictures to post, but since Evan is sleeping and I'm not, I think I should pause here for the night. We're just totally in love with this little boy!

Oh, and please also read the previous post. It didn't get much time at the top of the page, since I didn't publish it until earlier today!

3 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

he is so sweet!! what a cute boy! Congratulations to you 5!

Kyle said...

Wahoo! Evan!

Mom says he looks less Brown and more Guymon. I say... he looks like a baby. I can't tell the difference between one baby or another. Kelli says I have to mark our baby to make sure I don't accidentally lose track and take someone else's, much inferior, baby.

rain said...

He's beautiful! I'm way excited for you guys. And only TWO hours? That kid was ready. Big congrats.