Friday, August 13, 2010

Joy School Class of '10

Okay, I have to hurry up and publish this before we leave for Utah tomorrow.  I know I'll get made fun of if I go another two weeks without posting anything.  Where does my time go that my only computer work gets done after midnight?  And on days when I know I have to get up early?

Anyway, Connor's sweet little Joy School class had their graduation party back in June.  Note my kids' super-intelligent expressions.
They listened to a little talk,
gave their moms "Super Teacher" awards, sang their awesome songs, and collected their diplomas.  (They had to go through the gauntlet of hugs from the other moms first.)  
We've had such a great time with these kids.  They'll be friends forever, and even if they're not, their moms will make them, because we will be.  I've learned so much about being a good parent from each one of these ladies.  They're the kind of super-moms that sort of intimidate me (in a good way.)  Oh, and I like how Evan is relegated to being a sort of forgotten accessory.  Like a chubby scarf or something. 

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm totally diggin' your chubby scarf. I can't wait to get one! They're like super expensive I heard...but better than the free belly warmer it is now.

Kyle said...

Connor really does look like he has had a traumatic brain injury in most of those pictures.

I'm pumped to see you guys.

rain said...

I think Connor looks like he's just REALLY concentrating. I mean, like he doesn't have a braincell to spare on anything else but what's being said by those that teach him. A very unusual feat for a boy his age. ;) Congrats to him for being such a smarty pants! And I love your "accessory", as well. That's exactly what I was thinking when I looked through your post.

KaSs MiLeS said...

you are such a good mom. will you raise my children? i bet story will love your kids.