Ryan joined us at the weekend, and discovered that we were only a short drive from Yuba Lake, so we went over on a Monday when the place was deserted and pretty much had the reservoir to ourselves. This is the rented wave runner that I managed to fall from. At about 3 miles per hour. If I ever had any dignity, it was definitely lost that day.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Chillin' in Juab County
My parents finally moved in to their new place in August, just in time for our end-of-summer trip! I must say, that the guest quarters we were given up there were nicer than our actual house. We had the run of the basement, with three bedrooms, a bathroom, and a living room equipped with satellite TV and every form of video game. Of course, there was no kitchen downstairs, but I considered that a bonus. My newly-retired mom pretty much slaved away upstairs making us gourmet meals the whole visit. Yeah, it was nice.
The kids were able to ride their scooters around, play soccer, throw the ball for the dog -- everything we don't have room to do here in L.A. Also, since Grandma Cloe was still recovering from her dizzy spell, we got to have her around more than usual. It was lousy that she had been sick, of course, but we liked her company! We were also able to spend a bunch of time with my brothers and sister in law.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sad that I'm gainfully employed that it keeps me from things like the Yuba stuff with you guys.
That lake is windy, but nice. And if there's nobody around, that makes it twice as nice.
Post a Comment