Sunday, July 8, 2012

Easter, and Connor's B-Day Party!

On April Fool's Day, we went outside to discover that our local bear had visited!  He got to be pretty famous, actually, and was in the news quite a bit.  All he managed to do this time was knock over our trash, and leave some incriminating footprints.
   


   
Evan likes to do school with the big kids, so I gave him these colors to sort -  he was pretty good at it, actually.
   

    
I tried to continue our Easter Season traditions from last year, and I think everything turned out pretty great.  We visited the cemetery, colored eggs, watched Easter videos, and did an egg hunt in our backyard.  We used a combination of candy eggs and "resurrection eggs" that we bought last year.  Those are one of my favorite new traditions.  You tell the Easter story, and the kids get to open an egg at various points to reveal a small toy/symbol.  We tried to do the story while they were eating the candy, but that resulted in some really sticky resurrection eggs.  I might have to rethink that for next year.
 





The kids' eggs were color-coded so we could have varying difficulty levels!

And, neglectful parents that we are, Connor finally got his birthday party in April.  He had been begging to have the Chuck E Cheese experience, so we sucked it up and agreed.  He invited his closest friends and had a ridiculously fun time.  He especially liked the "ticket blaster", where he got to stand in a wind tunnel grabbing for tickets.  (He thought "Chuck E" was kinda weird, and I would have to agree.)  Everybody went home with fabulous plastic prizes.  We love you, Connor!
   






  

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love that ticket booth! I wish he were covered in honey and they had to stick to him. I am so jealous that a bear was at your house. That is so cool/terrifying. Good job blogging. I'm still a loser :)

Kyle said...

Color coded eggs!

Brilliant! I really think that's a fantastic idea.