Sunday, July 21, 2013

June Utah Trip, and Connor's Art

Right around the first of June, the kids, Wiley, and I drove up to Utah.  We wanted to spend some time with my parents before Aspen Grove.  The drive was pretty good, but we made really bad time.  I guess we stopped too much.  Here we are at my favorite place in Mesquite - it's a covered park that's right near the freeway.  We probably spent an hour there, including potty breaks and baby snacks.
  



We took the kids' bikes so they could use them at Grandma's house.  This was only the second place Elise had ridden hers (after Yosemite.)
  

  
   
Basically, it was a week of relaxing.  I loved it.  We went shopping, went to the park, visited Grandma Cloe, baked treats, ran through the sprinklers, went on walks, ate popsicles at bedtime, and attended a great 60th birthday party for my mom (technically, it was for everybody whose birthday fell in May or June, but Mom was the focal point.)  Thanks, Kelli, for hosting and everything!  Everybody in the family wrote down memories we have of Mom, and we put them in a cute jar as a gift.  It was actually really fun to talk with Kelli and my brothers about what we had written.  Including Chuck, we came up with almost a years' worth of paper strips.


Dandelion Chains

This was originally a dog bed, but the kids liked it too much.




Duck, Duck, Goose at the Birthday Party
    
Oh, and I made this icebox cake!  The picture is from the internet (www.sixsistersstuff.com), but it really did look that pretty!  It's just whipped cream, graham crackers, sliced strawberries, and chocolate chips melted into more whipping cream.  
  
  
As promised, here is Connor's artwork from school.  It has a bit of a different feel from Elise's.   In case you're wondering, Evan does have artwork, but since he made it at home on printer paper instead of art paper, it fits in his memory book.  I only take pictures of stuff that's too big to file!  
  
Foam Stamp and Print

Rhino

Aboriginal Dot Art

Foil Art - Horses

Four Seasons

Garden with Bugs



Sponge Stamp Landscape

Zombie Doll

Still Life

Paper Mario Tissue-Paper Mosaic


Cave Paintings

I like this picture.

Gruesome Panda



No comments: