Christmas
On Christmas Eve, Ryan came home early from work with the announcement that we were going on a big hike. I still hadn't wrapped anything or bought food for Christmas dinner, but I went along anyway. We drove to La Tuna Canyon, a popular mountain biking trail. Mostly, the hike was fun, but we took a shortcut that was WAY steeper and more dangerous than Ryan had expected. I did not enjoy that part, since I kept seeing images of my kids falling to their deaths. We did make it to the top, though, and Connor even found a geocache (his first all by himself!) We didn't make it back down until about an hour after sunset. Luckily we had our phones for light!
Christmas Day was lovely and uneventful. We ate waffles and Christmas crab and See's Candy. Everyone enjoyed their gifts, and since the kids were all sick, we did a lot of resting!
The Friday after Christmas, we went to our last ice skating lesson of the season. Since Ryan went with us this time, it was a much better experience. Evan, strangely, decided that he DID want to ice skate, and went out there all by himself and did great!
1 comment:
I could benefit from one of those skating walkers.
Post a Comment