![]() |
| First Day "Skiing" |
![]() |
| I was really jealous of the condo kitchen. |
![]() |
| This was right after we crashed into each other getting off the lift. |
![]() |
| On the Big Hill |
Evan quit halfway through the first day, mostly because it was cold and windy. Day two, however, he loved it! He had a great instructor who would hold him by the vest and just ski fast down the hill with Evan in front. I heard him say (in his loud Evan voice,) "I wanna do that AGAIN!"
I was so proud of everybody. Even me. I feel like I finally reached a point where I wasn't scared. That's a pretty big deal, because skiing has traditionally been like a self-dare for me. We'll definitely go back to Brian Head!
After our return to my mom's house, we spent Friday afternoon at a sporting goods store called Scheels, in Sandy. It has fish tanks, restaurants, lots of guns, video games, an indoor Ferris wheel, and an animatronic Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln. On the way home, I stopped in a Seagull Book to look for a scripture case and saw this painting on sale. It was like 100 bucks including the frame, so I sent Ryan in to have a look. He came out with the painting under his arm. It goes really well with the J. Kirk Richards stuff we have in our living room.
Ryan flew home on Allegiant Air on Monday (it flies from Provo!) and I spent the rest of the week hanging out with my family.
![]() |
| Connor, Mentoring Felix in Zelda |
![]() |
| Corinne and Grandpa |
![]() |
| Early Birthday Celebration |
![]() |
| We got to watch Felix and Lincoln on Wednesday |
![]() |
| My mom helped me buzz Corinne's hair. She was plucking herself bald! |
The last couple days we were there, I took the kids to see two different movies in the theater (something I don't get to do very often,) Wednesday night, we went to the Nephi theater and saw The Lego Movie - for the first five minutes we were the only ones in the theater! The next day, we went with my mom (and therefore, Corinne) to see Frozen again.
I drove home Friday, trusting the internet weather reports that said things would be dry through the mountain passes. Everything was fine until Las Vegas, when the rain started. I had only been concerned about snow, but the rain was awful! We said a lot of prayers, and made it home in one soggy piece.




































No comments:
Post a Comment