Sunday, September 7, 2014

School Year Wrap-Up

Okay, what better way to start a new school year than blogging about the end of the last one?  We'll see how quickly I can sum up this and the rest of the summer.

Connor and Elise had their last day of Eagle Academy.  There was a school party with crafts and treats, then we met again that evening with a few friends for pizza.  The kids and I are really going to miss that school.
  

One Saturday, after several months of lessons at the Rose Bowl, Evan decided to take a breath!  Once he knew how to do that, the pool was his playground.
      




Elise wrapped up her year in ballet.  There was costume day, picture day, dress rehearsal, and then the final performance.  She did an amazing job, and is looking forward to moving up to the 7-9 year old class this fall.
  
  


Dress Rehearsal

Performance Day!

Evan "graduated" from his first year of Joy School.  The kids sang their songs, got their diplomas, and had treats.  It was super cute.

  




Elise's Daisy troop did a food drive in May.  They collected non-perishables and money to give to a local food bank.  The coolest part was being able to tour the food bank later that month, and stock the shelves with the things they donated.
  




  
Rinny decided that bed was boring.  She figured out that she could easily climb out and have nighttime adventures.  I tried putting the mattress on the floor, but the little monkey still climbed out, so I ended up spending almost $200 on a fancy crib tent.  I guess the old kind were recalled, so this expensive kind is the only game in town.  It was worth it, though.  She sleeps great again.
   
We found her in bed with Evan one morning.
  
Mattress on Floor
    
On the last day of school, the kids brought home their art portfolios.  I didn't get pictures of everything, but these are the highlights:
   
Elise:
  
  
     
Still Life

Connor:
   

No comments: