For his tenth birthday, Connor asked me to wake him up at the same time as Ryan (5am,) so he could spend an ENTIRE day playing video games. I think he got a headache around noon, and finally did something else. He got a new, big mountain bike from Dad, and a lockbox to keep his treasures safe from his siblings. His cake was a giant brownie with ice cream. A couple weeks later, he had a small Smash Brothers/Mariocart birthday party with friends, which was supposed to be followed by another one, but Ryan decided that was excessive, so one was it. I can't believe Connor is getting so grown up! He's such a smart, funny, sweet kid. I'm glad he's part of our family!
![]() |
| Elise made Connor an elaborate PS3 card . |
![]() |
| Video Game Party |
![]() |
| Elise spent that evening at Eisley's house playing Hedbanz |
Elise's Brownie troop did a cookie booth outside Old Navy one Saturday. I wasn't there, but Ryan said she was a surprisingly bold and friendly salesperson!
A lady at church thinks it's helpful to give my kid sheets of stickers to keep her occupied. It is very nice of her, but it also makes a ridiculous mess.
One family home evening, Ryan and I decided to talk about the Word of Wisdom, along with advertising and media. It was a pretty awesome lesson. We watched old Marlboro Man commercials online, along with Budweiser ads, and deconstructed the ways commercials manipulate us into wanting their brand. Whenever the kids see one of these brand logos now, they yell it out. It's pretty funny.
Our park-day group had it's swap and sell day, so the older kids made "red lemonade" all by themselves out of lemons, stevia, sugar, and blood oranges. I bought a glass dispenser (since I'd always wanted one anyway), and made some chex bars. They did really well, and sold out within half an hour!
One weekend in March, I went on my first ever Mom-only vacation. I flew out from Long Beach and spent exactly 48 hours in Utah with my family. It was probably the best use of 48 hours I've ever made. Kevin picked me up at the airport, so I got to chat with him, then I spent the night with Kyle and Kelli and their sweet kids, including new baby Arya (also with lots of chatting.) Saturday morning I went to the temple with my mom and Grandma Cloe, then down to Levan to relax for the evening. Sunday morning I got to hear my mom's Relief Society lesson, hang out with the Murrays again, then drive to the airport with Kyle, while we had another amazing talk about stuff. Oh, and through all the air travel I got to read my Kindle uninterrupted. It was precious. Big thanks to Ryan for making it all possible!
![]() |
| Grandma Cloe is now living with Grandma full-time. |
![]() |
| Sunset Walk with the Dogs |
![]() |
| The kids face-timed me that evening. They missed me. It was sweet. |
![]() |
| My mom and Chuck helped me plan our kitchen remodel. |
![]() |
| Baby Arya |
![]() |
| I nearly stole her. |
When I got back home, all this stuff happened:
![]() |
| The kids made a full gallon of orange juice while I was gone. |
![]() |
| Stolen Phone |
![]() |
| Maurice Scanlon's Birthday Party |
![]() |
| Bike/Hike at Hansen Dam |































No comments:
Post a Comment