Gift highlights included video games for Connor, a 3DS for Elise, laser tag for Evan, and a dollhouse with animals for Corinne. Ryan got Mario Maker, among other things, and he got me an electric-bike conversion kit, so I can ride up our hill without dying! We had Christmas waffles for breakfast, but couldn't find any Dungeness for dinner (there was some sort of shortage this year,) so we had shrimp, scallops, clams and king crab legs.
The very next day, we packed our tired selves up and drove to Utah for a visit!
On one of the days we were there, we drove up to visit Temple Square in Salt Lake. It was really, really cold. I'm not just saying that because I've become soft living in California. We had a hard time making it from the Joseph Smith building to the Church History Museum without (icy) tears.
The kids got their wish, and had lots of snow. They were even pretty good at helping shovel it!
Against my preferences, Ryan took the kids out on Utah Lake to walk on the ice. I figured someone had better stay on shore to call 911, but everything went fine, so I just took pictures.
We drove back home on New Year's Eve, and made it in time to drive the Rose Parade route, and then celebrate at home. Okay, we actually made it home by like 10, but we put a kid countdown on TV and called it done.























No comments:
Post a Comment