![]() |
| Our Awesome Closet Plans |
We spent more time picking out stuff like cabinets and tile. Not my favorite thing to do, but I think it turned out pretty well.
Whenever possible, Ryan still goes on his Midnight Rides the last Friday of every month. They normally center around downtown Los Angeles and the West Side.
To celebrate Ryan's and my 15th anniversary, we planned a fabulous Las Vegas getaway. We would have preferred a cruise, but my pregnant condition made almost all cruise destinations too dangerous due to the Zika outbreak, so we decided Vegas was the answer. First, though, I had to drive the kids up to stay with their cousins in Orem (thanks Kyle and Kelli!) We stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's house for a short visit, where Corinne got her first taste of fry sauce. She still talks about it.
![]() |
| Cousins Week! |
I spent the night with the Murrays, then drove back south to our hotel. Ryan flew in to join me a couple of hours later. We stayed at the V'Dara, which was pretty great, especially since it's one of the only hotels in Vegas that's entirely nonsmoking and not a casino. We had a great view of the strip, including the Bellagio fountains.
On day two, I got a pedicure, we went to the Las Vegas temple, then we had a great dinner at what's supposedly the fanciest buffet in town.
Day 3 was our tour of the Hoover Dam, which is way more complicated than I thought. On the way back into town, we stopped at Nana and Al's old house, just for fun.
That night we ate at a super fancy restaurant whose name I've already forgotten. Joe's Seafood, maybe? We had stone crab, bone-in ribeye, and a bunch of expensive veggies. It was probably my favorite meal. After that was our first big show - we had tickets to see the Blue Man Group. It was noisy and fun, but apparently too much for Ryan. We had remarked a week or two earlier how lucky it was that he had escaped the stomach flu that got the kids and I. Right during the show's finale, with loud music, flashing lights, and all kinds of streamers and confetti, he barfed all over the floor. So sad. Luckily, with all the craziness and paper mess, nobody else noticed. I did stand guard after the show, though, to make sure the disaster didn't get stepped in.
The next day was obviously pretty low-key. Ryan stayed in the hotel, sipping Gatorade, while I explored a bit by myself. I had to send him a picture of the amazing crepe I had for breakfast, to cheer him up....or maybe just to brag? By late evening he was feeling well enough to go to Cirque de Soleil (the 'O' production.) That show was definitely my favorite. I'm sure it was Ryan's, too.
The next morning was the end of the trip, but Ryan was determined to have the french toast advertised at the Brasserie next door. They had this awesome accordion player wandering from table to table, and he did the greatest rendition of the theme from "The Godfather" for us.
We then drove north and met Kyle, who was bringing our kids down to meet us, at a gas station in Parowan. Somewhere between there and St. George, we stopped and played in the Virgin river for awhile. Places like this are so different from Los Angeles - I wish my kids had more chances to skip rocks!
The next morning, just west of Las Vegas, we explored Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. I had never known there was nature in Las Vegas, but it was really quite beautiful!
![]() |
| Corinne had run out of clean clothes, so she used Evan's. |
The visitor's center helped me figure out what this cool plant was. I thought it was cool, anyway. After hiking and driving the scenic loop, we left for home.




































No comments:
Post a Comment