At the beginning of June, right after the public schools let out for the summer, we held our Primary Talent Show. I took pictures of all the participants, but since I'm partial to my own kids, those are the only photos I'm posting here. We had a really good turnout, and everybody was either amazing or adorable, or both!
 |
| Evan identified forty works of art and their artists. |
 |
| Corinne recited "Morning Prayer" and sang "Bo on the Go" |
 |
| Elise did her most recent Tae Kwon Do form. |
 |
| Connor recited the poem "The Grashopper" |
 |
| Performance Lineup |
The first Saturday in June was the Crescenta Valley Latin Co-op's Recitation Night. I was excited to have Ryan there this time - he had missed the previous one because of a conference. There were displays of some of the kids' work, and all the classes got up and shared poetry or summaries of what they'd learned throughout the year. Even though we were missing over half our families (lots of people had left on vacations already,) the kids who were there did a really impressive job.
 |
| Preschool Class |
 |
| Kindergarten |
 |
| 2nd/3rd Grade Poetry |
 |
| Prima Latina (3rd Grade Latin) |
 |
| Mammals Class |
 |
| Insects Class (Usually we had ten students.) |
 |
| First Form Latin |
 |
| Eric and Connor were the only ones who managed to learn "The Grasshopper." It's pretty long. |
 |
| Photo Insect Collection (Insects Class) |
We got our granite installed, our sinks put in, and handles on our cabinets. I was more excited to have a working kitchen sink than any other event of the past several months. I had gotten really sick of our lack of plumbing.
 |
| You can see our makeshift kitchen and water cooler. It was better than nothing, I guess. |
Kelli's sister wanted to see the general layout of our house to get some ideas, so I sent her these pictures. I figured they were worth keeping for posterity, too.
We tried going to the library several times a week to do schoolwork and avoid the noise and mess of the house. It was fun, but too distracting to be very productive. My older kids kept running away and hiding with library books, and the littles just wanted the computers.
Elise had her end-of-year dance recital! She was wonderful, and we celebrated by going to Baja Fresh afterwards.
We had our second visit from the neighborhood bear. This one likes to come in the evenings to eat fallen fruit and check out the trash cans. Also, we acquired some mice in the attic and garage, then got rid of them.
My mom posted these photos with one of her show dogs, Karina. I think they're beautiful! Mom currently has eleven dogs, including a litter of seven 18-month-old puppies, who are all on their way to becoming champions like the others.
No comments:
Post a Comment