Saturday, July 19, 2008

Connor and The Arts

Okay, I have to start this with a video I've been meaning to post from the beginning:

As you can see, Connor is quite the interpretive dancer, as well as body artist. I guess I haven't been giving him enough outlets for his creative energy, because this past week, he broke into his locked closet, climbed the drawers, found his paints, and started work on anything that looked like a piece of paper up there.
Then, just a couple of days later, I was in the bedroom folding laundry or some other boring housewife thing, and I noticed that Connor had become very quiet in the other room. Any parent can tell you that this is a red flag. A quiet child is either dead or being really bad. So, I went into the dining room to find him coated, coated, in peanut butter. He had finger-painted it all over the top of the table, down his bare legs to his feet, from his elbows to his hands, and had even given himself a complexion-boosting facial with it. He claimed he had simply been hungry.
Now, some of you may be saying, "Why do you take pictures of him every time he's bad? Doesn't that just reinforce his behavior?" The answer is, yes. But I can't help it. It's too funny.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I support your photography! I'll be the same way or worse. I can't even hold my laughter in when kids are being really bad. My sisters hate me for it. And I heard you're coming to visit! I'm so excited. And it's before school starts and I'll only have two jobs by then! Yeah!!!

Kyle said...

He's bad to the bone.

Just like the song.

I can't wait to see you guys... Ryan's not coming.... IS HE??

Unknown said...

he is the greatest thing in the entire world.

he is a bit of a thing...

Kyle said...

Also, after reexamining his dance moves... I'm pretty sure he stole them from Iggy Pop. And leave it to a pro like Connor to not be phased by a simple matter of tottering unbalanced and smashing into a plastic singing toy. He's got ice water in his veins.