His experience was a lot more dramatic. Because the building is on rollers, and because his office is on the top floor of a 55-story building, they were rocking back and forth above the city for quite awhile. After talking to Ryan later I realized that most of his coworkers really thought they were going to die, Ryan included. (He wasn't scared, though. No way!) While I was talking to him, I wandered back towards the living room doorway, only to be followed quickly by a nervous Connor, who grabbed my leg and asked, "Is it shaking again?" I guess he thought I was taking cover without him. Other than that, Connor seemed to think the whole event was pretty fun. I was jittery and shaking for about an hour, which seemed silly, because nothing bad had happened. Nonetheless, I took the kids outside for a couple of hours to avoid being crushed to death by imaginary aftershocks. (We never felt any.) We said alot of thank-you prayers over the next couple days. I'm glad that the kids were right with me when it happened, because if I had had to run through the house gathering them up, I think I really would have been freaked out, and they would have been too.
Elise and Dad playing a rousing game of Swingball . .
1 comment:
Admit it. You WERE trying to abandon your boy. He sensed it. With his Spidey sense.
I didn't think about Ryan's safety at all either, honestly. I was just thinking, boy, I bet Ryan thought it was cool.
I didn't even consider the fact the building he's perched on may topple. I mean... I had HOPED...
Post a Comment