Monday, August 20, 2012

Baby Corinne!

My mom had been planning on coming down on the 7th, and spending a couple weeks helping out, but she decided at the last minute to come a day early.  It was inspired.  Mom arrived Monday night, we spent Tuesday running errands, and Tuesday night she watched the kids so Ryan and I could have one last date night.  (We were boring, we just went to Star Cafe and walked around a bunch, but it was awesome.)
   
Anyway, that night around 4am I started having contractions, but nothing worth mentioning at that point.  Ryan went to work at 6:00, and after I showered and did a few chores I was certain that this was for real, so I called him around 8:00, and we were at the hospital by 9:00.  Just like the others, she was a very convenient baby.  
  
   
I was unusually anxious about labor this pregnancy.  I guess having done it three times already, I know how hard a natural delivery can be, and I was kinda terrified.  But, looking at it now, Heavenly Father sent me so many little blessings that made everything work out fine.  For one, I didn't have the stress of worrying about my other kids (thanks, Mom!)  Labor started at an easy time, my birth Hypnosis training totally kicked in, both during the easy part and at the worst moments, and I was comfortable lying down this time around (I could never stand it before,) which meant I was better able to rest and focus.  The nurses were awesome, and the doctor (unlike my previous one) suggested breaking my water to speed things up, which was soooo the right thing to do at that point!  I probably only pushed for two minutes, and I had my sweet, fat-faced baby girl.  Oh, and it was a blessing I didn't know how big she was.  The ultrasound from two days before had said she was around 8 pounds, not 9 lbs 5 oz!
  
Corinne Paige Brown, born at 12:54pm August 8, 2012


  
That evening, Ryan went and brought my mom and the kids to visit.  They were all so excited, it was adorable.  Plus they brought cookies!
  




  
On day two at the hospital, a "baby photographer" managed to con us into buying $60 worth of newborn photos.  I mean, they're nice photos, but everybody knows newborns are not at a high point in their overall cuteness.  Poor Corinne's face was bruised and a bit swollen, so her cheeks look even bigger than they really are.
  
  
We spent the night and most of the next day at the hospital.  There was a heat wave (it was almost 100 degrees outside), and we had the Olympics to watch, so it was as comfy there as anywhere.  I didn't want another sleepless night in the hospital though, so we headed home as soon as it cooled off outside.
  


  
I can't believe our baby girl is here.  We love you, Corinne!
  

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Two minutes! I'm going to remember that in December and probably hate you forever :) Jk. She's ridiculously fat. It's awesome! Congrats. And I hope we get to meet her soon!