Sunday, August 12, 2012

May Utah Trip

After Maker Faire, we drove back home to Los Angeles and spent the night.  The next morning, the kids and I (plus Uncle Kyle) started our trip up to Utah.  It was the fastest time I've ever made that trip with kids - something like 8 1/2 hours.  Anyway, we spent the rest of the week making goodies, running errands like buying maternity clothes or going to the dentist, playing water balloon baseball, visiting Grandma Cloe, and generally escaping all our obligations back home.  It was great.
  







   
On Sunday we had a birthday party for Kyle and Kevin, where we got to meet Kevin's friend Katie.  Afterwards the kids and I finally flew our kite (there's not much room to do that at home.)
  







Felix is not impressed.
     My mom had the idea to make these blankets for the kids.  They picked out the fabric themselves (well, Elise picked Evan's, but he loved it.)  Originally, Connor and Elise were going to help make the borders, but we ran out of time, so Mom and I did them.  Now my children have blankets specifically made for dragging around the house and building forts!
  
  
   Towards the end of our stay, we took a day to go to Yuba Lake.  Since Ryan wasn't with us and I was pregnant, there was no wave runner this time, but everybody had fun playing in the mud and skipping rocks. (Grandpa is an expert!)
  







Skipping Rocks

(It's a clay pot, in case you couldn't tell.)
  

1 comment:

Kyle said...

That picture of felix is now my work computer background.