Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Connor!

It finally warmed up enough for the kids to get in the pool (it took about two months more before anyone with common sense would do it.)  Connor remembered some of his past two years' swimming lessons, but not much.  Elise was still terrified of anything beyond that top step you see her on.  The nice thing, though, was that there was no pressure, and no other kids splashing her (other than her wonderful brother.)  She took it really slow, and was extremely proud that she could let her legs float behind her.  Sweet girl.  (FYI, she's currently willing to float in her vest and put her face in the water, so it was the perfect low-stress way for her to learn!)
   




Connor made these Mario decorations for his upcoming birthday party, and showed them off while the Joy School kids were over.
   

  
I left Evan with his siblings for just a bit too long, I guess.  They decided to color on him with markers.  He didn't mind, but they got in trouble.
  


  
Connor's birthday party was originally going to be in March, but things got postponed when Ryan's dad passed away.  I finally realized that I'd better get his party out of the way before I did Elise's, so we scheduled them within a few days of each other.  Can you guess what theme he picked?
  

  
Right before his party started, Connor decided to snack on some pita chips, and suddenly announced, "I swallowed my tooth!"  Yep, it was his first lost tooth.  I told him he could draw a picture of it to put under his pillow.  He's also showing off the Beyblades that his friend got him.
  
  
Evan must have picked up this lollipop from the kid table (or floor) after the party.  I know, kinda gross.  But, he looked so cute with his first real piece of candy, I had to take pics.  And I couldn't decide on a favorite, so you get to see them all.
   




2 comments:

Kelli said...

My favorite sucker picture is the third, but you can't quite tell the sucker is in there, so it's a good thing you included the rest :) I'm glad our birthday present fit the theme, that's always our goal... See the kids swim made me want to be out there with you guys again!!! That trip was so dang fun!

Kyle said...

I really wish I was in your pool again.

Even if it isn't heated, I bet it's pretty warm from your horrible inland summer heat, now.